|Cheryl's Corner Cheddar Bay Biscuits|
Like Red Lobsters
Cheddar Bay Biscuits
2 ½ cups Bisquick baking mix
¾ cup cold whole milk
4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese
Bush on Top:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of Old Bay Seasoning (this is my change to the recipe instead of salt)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don't want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.
3. Drop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
5. When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all of the butter. Makes one dozen biscuits.
You may use your Redi Set Go Gt Xpress mini muffin pans for this recipe
just grease the muffin pan put a tablespoon of batter and let cook about 8-9 min.
*Note* For breakfast
make the biscuits, cut in half, cook up some sausage patties and some eggs with cheese melted on, cut the eggs with a shot glass, and place a piece of egg on one half of biscuit and one sausage patty, there you have it a cute Lil breakfast Sammy, and boy are they good. When you try these let me know how they came out!
|Cheryl's Corner Photo, Egg and Sausage Cheddar Bay Biscuits|