Friday, February 25, 2011

Hawaiian-stuffed Chicken Breast‏

This is a quick dinner yet very elegant if paired with the right side dishes. This recipe has been in my box waiting for me to make it, its very easy, not many ingredients but the flavor is very tropical. I used my GT Xpress to cook these but also included the oven instructions.
Lisa's Corner Recipe and Photo
Ingredients:

2/3 cups hot water
2 tablespoons Butter
2 cups stove top stuffing
4 Boneless skinless chicken breast
1 5-oz can crushed pineapple; (up to 6 ounce)

Instructions:

Heat your water in a measuring cup in the microwave, when heated,
 add butter until it melts. In a separate bowl add the dry stuffing,
 water and butter mixture, half the pineapple mixture and some pepper.

 Stir it around to blend and cover bowl for a few minutes. Then taste
 to see if it needs more pineapple, if its too dry add a little more.
 Cover and set a side
Use a large zip lock baggie to pound each chicken breast,
 make sure the bag is zipped and the air is pressed out, and start pounding, I use a heavy cast-iron skillet, it seems to flatten more equally.
Sprinkle a little salt on top, place a heaping spoonful of stuffing mixture close to one end, and roll, securing the seam with 2 tooth picks.
Lightly salt and pepper the top.  Make remaining breast.
At this point you can do either two things, I used my GT Xpress
 because it is over 100 where I live, I just buttered the inside and cooked it for 7 minutes to perfection.
Or you can brown each side for 1 minute in hot butter in a hot skillet.
You want them a little seared on outside with out over cooking them.
Then place in a greased baking pan, these loose a lot of juice
so don't use a cookie sheet.
Bake at 400 for 30 minutes, you can finish under the broiler for one minute.
 I served this with my New Indonesian Rice, cold and a quick salad
 with my Orange-sesame-cilantro dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comments, Cheryl